Energy management statement
Bank of Cyprus
Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Nicosia, Bank of Cyprus is the leading banking and financial services group in Cyprus, with significant market shares across all businesses.
The Group provides a wide range of financial products and services which include retail and commercial banking, finance, factoring, investment banking, brokerage, fund management, private banking, life and general insurance.
For Bank of Cyprus, respecting the environment and managing energy in a responsible and efficient manner is a matter of daily reality which ensures sustainable development for society and our business.
The organization and arrangements for energy management are detailed in the Bank of Cyprus Energy management system (EnMS) manual.
The Manager Administrative Operations is accountable for the realization of this Policy and is responsible for the execution of this policy and management of energy within their areas of control.
The Head of Project Office and Facilities Management is responsible for enabling the business to implement this policy and ensuring the energy management system integrates with and supports the other standards to which the Bank subscribes.
All persons working for or on behalf of the Bank have a duty to comply with the requirements of this policy.
As a significant user of energy, Bank of Cyprus recognizes that effective energy management is critical for our business. Energy performance objectives and targets are set annually through the implementation of beneficial investments and communication.
Our ongoing drive to improve energy performance at our Data Centre locations is a key element towards this effort.
The Bank of Cyprus is committed to continual improve its energy performance, through the implementation and maintenance of an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001:2018.
Bank of Cyprus aims to:
- Ensure the availability of information and of necessary resources to achieve our energy performance objectives and targets;
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to our energy efficiency, energy use and energy consumption;
- Set and review energy objectives and targets aimed to improve energy performance at each data center location;
- Support the procurement of energy efficient products and services that impact energy performance;
- Support design activities that consider energy performance improvement;
- Communicate this policy throughout at all levels within the Bank by making the policy available at all sites and offices and to interested parties, via the Bank website.
This Policy will be reviewed by the top management on an annual basis, or sooner if appropriate.