Get a Digital Signature
Take the leap to the new digital age
With a Digital Signature, you can sign agreements, documents, applications and generally carry out any type of digital transaction for which you previously needed a handwritten signature and to be physically present. It can also be used for transactions with the government, any organisation that supports Digital Signatures, as well as for private agreements, and has the same legal force as a handwritten signature.
Soon Digital Signatures will be made available for use for banking services and products.
It is also possible to use a Digital Signature from a number of devices, like a personal computer, smartphone or tablet.
Digital Signatures through the 1bank Mobile Banking app
Get your qualified Digital Signature today, quickly and easily from the convenience of your home, without needing to be physically present. Just use the Bank of Cyprus Mobile app.
How to digitally sign Bank forms
- Acquire a Digital Signature from the 1bank Mobile App. Watch the tutorial here.
- Select one of the forms below for digital signature:
- Fill out the form and sign it digitally through the JCC Signing Portal. See here how to do that.
- Log into 1bank Internet Banking, create a new "Safe Message" and attach the digitally signed instruction, which will be forwarded to your Personal Banker.
What is a Qualified Digital Signature?
Per EU legislation (eIDAS (EU 910/2014), a Qualified Digital Signature is an encrypted cipher comprising digits and characters that is issued by a qualified trust service provider - JCC Payment Services Ltd in the case of Cyprus.
It is a state-of-the-art form of signature used in digital files, documents, tenders and so forth. It guarantees document authenticity and at the same time is safe from any form of tampering. A Qualified Digital Signature has the same legal force as a handwritten signature. Some of its features are:
- Uniquely connects the signature to the signatory;
- Is generated in such a way that the signatory can check the signing mechanism - you know when and what you are signing;
- Connects to the signed digital document in a way that any subsequent alteration to the data on the signed document is traceable (integrity assurance);
- Is based on a qualified digital signature certificate.
Please note that a Digital Signature is not a scanned handwritten signature nor a signature on a device like a courier tablet.
How to apply for a Digital Signature:
- Login with your access codes to the 1bank Mobile Banking app and from the main menu select " Digital Signatures";
- Verify your personal data and follow the steps to create access codes for the JCC Trust Portal;
- Once you successfully complete the above, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your email address by clicking on the link provided;
- Next, login to the JCC Trust Portal to confirm all your data and upload an image of your identity. Once this process is complete, your application will be pending and you will be notified via sms.
If you choose to obtain a Digital Signature not via 1bank Mobile Banking app, you may apply for one through any Bank of Cyprus branch.
Who can obtain a Digital Signature and how much does it cost?
Digital Signatures are available via the 1bank Mobile Banking app to individuals only who hold a Cyprus identity card, which must be valid. A Digital Signature has an annual cost of €23.
Simply download or update the Bank of Cyprus app, and follow the steps to get a Digital Signature
Alternatively, if you do not use the BoC Mobile app, you can request for a Digital Signature through by clicking here and followng the steps in JCC Payments Systems website.
This procedure requires your personal email address, your ID to be valid and your physical presence at one of our Branches.
- 800 00 800
- Calling from abroad +35722128000
- Service hours
- Monday to Friday, 07:45 until 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 until 17:00