Aiming to offer our customers convenience and enhanced security in performing electronic transactions via 1bank, Bank of Cyprus is launching a new digipass, the “Digipass APP.”
Purchase cost of Digipass APP €20
To install the Digipass APP on your mobile device, download the Bank of Cyprus application either from the App Store or Google Play, enter the information provided after your digipass purchase and start using the new app.
Using a One Time Password (OTP) which you generate using your new Digipass APP, you can easily and conveniently verify the authenticity of electronic transactions performed through any of the 1bank channels.
The OTP is generated specifically for each of your transactions, taking into consideration basic transaction data, such as: the type of transaction, the beneficiary’s account, the currency, the amount etc.
To be able to apply and use the Digipass App, follow the steps below:
- Purchase the Digipass APP by completing the relevant application. The application is available here and at any Bank Branch. In case you already own an existing hardware digipass device, you may apply online through Internet and Mobile Banking.
- Install the Digipass APP on at least one device (mobile phone or tablet) as described in “Setup” paragraph below.
- Activate it through internet/mobile banking or through the Call Centre.
- When above steps are completed, when submitting a transaction through any of the 1bank channels, if it requires the usage of an OTP, you may use the Digipass APP to generate the OTP by scanning the QR code shown. Alternatively, you may use the NOTIFICATION feature for an automatic approach.
Purchase cost of Digipass APP €20.
- It may be used for any transaction that requires an OTP (transfers, payments etc.) and for instructions sent by fax. It is optionally used to login to 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking
- The OTP generated is unique per transaction and it is generated by taking into consideration basic transaction data, which offers enhanced security for your transactions through 1bank.
- Due to the enhanced security it offers, if you apply for a Digipass APP through a paper application, you will benefit by the increased daily transaction limits.
- The OTP is generated using the Digipass APP installed on your device/s (mobile and /or tablet). Therefore, unlike conventional digipasses, you are not required to carry with you any other specific device.
- Apart from the ease of use, the new digipass does not require replacement due to battery depletion or deterioration/damage of the display etc., as with conventional digipasses.
- For the purchase cost, refer to the Bank’s Table of Commissions and Charges.
Individual Subscribers can apply for Digipass App through 1bank Internet Banking, via option "Settings > Digipass Management > Apply for New".
The function is also available for Business Subscribers which already owned Digipass SMS or App. Business Subscribers non Digipass holders, can apply only by submitting a paper application from any of our branches.
For subscribers who owned the old types of Digipass devices (models GO3, DP550, DP320) which have replaced them with Digipass SMS or App (without written application), have to proceed with a paper application from any of our Branches, in order to benefit from the increased daily transaction limits.
For the application, click here.
To Setup the Digipass APP, you need to download on your device, free of charge, the Bank of Cyprus Application from the App Store or Google Play. Once this is done, open the Bank of Cyprus App, select the Digipass option and follow the instructions on your screen.
Follow the same procedure if you wish to setup free of charge, the same Digipass App on additional devices (mobile or tablet).
Note: Due to the setup up code being sent via sms, in case the Bank does not maintain the correct mobile phone, you should arrange to correct it through any branch, by calling the Call Centre or through the Internet and Mobile Banking (the transaction requires the use of Digipass).
The Digipass APP Setup requires internet access.
For the purchases through 1bank Internet Banking you can proceed with activation through the option "Settings > Digipass Management > Activation" through the 1bank Internet Banking.
Alternatively , if you apply through any of our Branch you may contact the 1bank Call Centre to activate your Digipass App.
Note: Once you purchase and activate a Digipass APP, it automatically becomes the default for your current subscription. At any time, you can switch to another digipass you own. You can do this either by contacting the Call Centre or via 1bank Internet Banking, option "Settings > Digipass Management > Activate / Switch Usage". Existing access and daily transaction limits applicable to your subscription will not be altered.
For executing electronic transactions through Internet and Mobile Banking requiring One Time Passwords (OTP), you may select one of the options below for generating the required OTP:
- QR Code - Open the Bank of Cyprus APP, select the appropriate option, enter your Digipass APP PIN and scan the QR Code. Verify the transaction details on your app and enter the OTP provided. No internet access is required on the device. For the demo video, click below
- NOTIFICATION - Simply open the notification sent to your mobile device/tablet, enter your Digipass APP PIN and verify the transaction details shown on your device. If you agree, simply select the appropriate option and watch your transaction being completed successfully without any further action. Internet access is required. For the demo video, click below.
- If you are using Mobile Banking, you can choose the “VERIFY WITH DIGIPASS APP” option. Enter your Digipass APP PIN and watch your transaction as it is completed successfully. Internet access is required. For the demo video, click below
For more details about the use of a Digipass APP, refer to the Digipass APP User Manual.
- 800 00 800
- Calling from abroad +35722128000
- Service hours
- Monday to Friday, 07:45 until 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 until 17:00