New security authentication method introduced by 1bank
Bank of Cyprus places the security and confidentiality of your online banking activities through the 1bank digital service channels, at the top of its priorities. To achieve that, a number of measures are already in place to ensure that you can conduct your online activities safely and securely by following the relevant security obligations.
Towards that end, 1bank introduces an additional authentication measure, the “Security Questions”.
More specifically, upon login to 1bank (Internet & Mobile Banking), you have to respond to a set of personal “Security Questions.” At any given time and upon login or upon authorization of another transaction in 1bank, you may be asked to provide the response of your choice to the Security Questions.
In case you maintain more than one 1bank subscriptions (User IDs), you will be required to respond only once.
Please read carefully the information provided below on data collection:
During login to the Internet or Mobile Banking, you will be asked to follow the below procedure for responding to Security Questions.
1.Within the framework of harmonization with the European Payment Services Directive (‘PSD 2’) as well as for safely accessing the 1bank Service and safely executing your transactions, Bank of Cyprus Public Company Ltd (the "Bank") adopts the procedure of replying to "Security Questions".
2.You are hereby notified that you are solely responsible for entering the correct answers to the "Safety Questions" that you have selected.
3. We draw your attention to the fact that your answers will be decrypted and will not be further processed by the Bank for any purpose other than that mentioned above.
4. The Bank shall not be liable in any event for any loss or damage, including and without limitation, indirect loss or damage, or any loss and damage resulting from the incorrect entry of answers and/or as a result of the disclosure of your answers to unauthorized third parties and/or due to your inability to gain access to the 1bank Service and/or for the inability to execute your transactions and/or for any other reason/cause for which the Bank has no control.
In this step, you need to ensure that your registered mobile number and/or email are correct and if necessary update them through the 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking (Digipass is required) or by visiting one of our Branches, before proceeding to step 2.
You will be shown twelve (12) questions, in two groups. You will need to respond to two (2) questions from Group A and two (2) questions from Group B.
Important tips about your responses:
- Group A includes questions that require a single-word response. Alphanumeric characters are accepted in your response (i.e. both alphabetic characters and/or numbers are acceptable)
- Group B includes questions that require numeric responses. You need to respond with a number without decimals
- In general, your responses should be maximum of 35 characters, without spaces and/or special symbols
- You may respond in Greek, English, Russian or Chinese
- It is important to remember your answers and the language used
In this step, you will need to choose a method for verifying your responses. There are three available methods to choose from. Each method is available subject to the below conditions in parentheses:
- Verify using Digipass One Time Password (provided that you own an active Digipass)
- Verify using a Verification Code sent to an email (provided that you have a registered and valid email with the Bank)
- Verify using a Verification Code to be sent to your mobile number (provided that you have a registered valid mobile number with the Bank)
In this step, you will need to review your responses and chosen verification method. Click on “Confirm” button to complete the procedure or select “Back” button to make any updates you wish.
In case you want to update your responses of the “Security Questions”, either because you have forgotten them or because you prefer to provide other responses, you may contact the 1bank Call Centre to RESET your responses.
You can also RESET the responses to the Security Questions on your own, through our Internet & Mobile Banking. This is available under the option menu “Settings” and provided that you own an active Digipass.
Once RESET is complete, you will be required to repeat Steps 1 to 4 as described above.
- 800 00 800
- Calling from abroad +35722128000
- Service hours
- Monday to Friday, 07:45 until 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 until 17:00