ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP)
CHANGE IN THE WAY INTERNET CARD TRANSACTIONS WILL BE PERFORMED WITH THE USE OF ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP)
The way internet card transactions shall be performed on the websites of the merchants participating at Safe@Web will change as of August 2016 and will require the use of One-Time Password (OTP).
The change will be applicable to all Bank of Cyprus cards, in order to provide greater security to internet transactions, and will protect your card from an unauthorised use on the websites of the merchants participating in Safe@Web.
Completion of transactions will require the use of a One-Time Password (OTP), which will be sent via SMS to your mobile number that is registered in the Bank’s electronic database. You will be required to use the OTP in order to complete your transaction. Each OTP is valid for one specific transaction and therefore for every new purchase on the websites of the merchants participating in Safe@Web, a new OTP should be used.
If in the Bank’s electronic database:
- The mobile number that is registered is invalid, then no transactions can be performed on the websites of the merchants participating at Safe@Web.
- There is no mobile number registered, then, for a limited period of time and for better customer service, the existing way will be available.
In order to confirm your mobile number you are requested to contact:
- Your responsible branch.
- The Bank of Cyprus Call Centre at tel. 800 00 800 for local calls, or +357 22 128000 when calling from abroad, between 7:45 – 20:00 (Monday – Friday).
- 800 00 800
- Calling from Abroad + 357-22128000
- Service hours
- Monday to Friday, 07:45 until 20:00
- Saturday and Sunday, 08:30 until 20:00