Mobile Banking Security Tips
01 Jan 2018
- Configure your mobile device for auto-lock when it is left unused for a certain period of time.
- Avoid leaving your device unattended in public places. Keep it in a secure location.
- Delete the mobile banking application before replacing your mobile device with a new one.
- Use the Logout button when your mobile banking activities are complete.
- Download applications only from authorized official app stores. Fraudulent apps are often designed with names that look like real apps.
- Take advantage of the multi-factor authentication solutions provided by the Bank.
- Turn off the Bluetooth function when you are performing online banking activities.
- Avoid rooting/jailbreaking your mobile device to prevent circumventing the security restrictions put in place by the operating system. In that case a malware may take over your phone and make it act behind your back in many ways (i.e. collect personal data such as passwords, usernames, credit card details)