Cyprus – at the crossroads of business
Since the 1970s, Cyprus has been recognised as a prominent and reputable international financial centre, attracting international businesses and investment.
With its strategic location, high standard of living, favourable taxation, and a sophisticated legal framework, Cyprus is the perfect choice for international businesses.
Cyprus as an international business centre
A number of factors contributed to Cyprus' establishment as one of the most attractive and established international business centres worldwide:
- Member of the European Union and the European Monetary Union
- A favourable taxation system, with one of the lowest level of corporate tax in the EU
- Wide network of double tax treaties
- Advanced legal, accounting and other professional services
- Robust and effectively supervised banking system
- Strategic location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa and optimum time zone
- Excellent infrastructure, transportation and telecommunication systems
- Highly educated, professional workforce