Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Nicosia, Bank of Cyprus is the leading banking and financial services group in Cyprus, with significant market shares across all businesses.
The Group provides a wide range of financial products and services which include retail and commercial banking, finance, factoring, investment banking, brokerage, fund management, private banking, life and general insurance.
For Bank of Cyprus, respecting the environment and managing energy in a responsible and efficient manner is a matter of daily reality which ensures sustainable development for society and our business.
The organization and arrangements for energy management are detailed in the Bank of Cyprus Energy management system (EnMS) manual.
The Chief Operating Officer is accountable for the realization of this Policy
The Manager Technical Services is responsible for the execution of this policy and management of energy within their areas of control.
The Head of Technical Office is responsible for enabling the business to implement this policy and ensuring the energy management system integrates with and supports the other standards to which the Bank subscribes.
All persons working for or on behalf of the Bank have a duty to comply with the requirements of this policy.
As a significant user of energy, Bank of Cyprus recognizes that effective energy management is critical for our business. Our ongoing drive to improve energy performance at our Data Centre locations is key in this effort.
The Bank of Cyprus is committed to continual improvement in our energy performance through the implementation and maintenance of an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001:2011.
Bank of Cyprus aims to:
- Ensure the availability of information and of necessary resources to achieve our energy performance objectives and targets;
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the Bank subscribes that relate to our energy use, consumption and efficiency;
- Set and review energy objectives and targets aimed at achieving our target PUE at each data centre location;
- Only purchase energy-efficient products and services, and design for energy performance improvement;
- Communicate this policy throughout at all levels within the Bank by making the policy available at all sites and offices and to general public via the Bank website.
- This Policy will be reviewed on an annual basis by the management team or sooner if appropriate.